Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I can do it...right?

Within the first week of giving birth to our first child, the overwhelming feeling of "Oh my God, this is my life to some extent for the next 18 years" crept in.   My life is now going to consist of a three hour cycle of changing diapers, feeding and laundry.  Does this mean I am saying good-bye to the days of traveling the world and seeking adventure in the outdoors? Am I going to be restricted to staying at home 5 out of 7 days a week?  At that moment I also decided my approach to being a mom.  

It's about WHAT CAN I DO...

I remember saying this to my basketball players when they were injured or wanted to give some excuse about why they couldn't participate in practice, a drill, etc.  I would tell them "Rather than focusing on what you can't do, figure out what you can do and how you can contribute to the team."

So here I am saying the same thing.  This time to myself. 

Now that I am a Mom... WHAT CAN I DO...


My hope is that this blog will inspire other parents to get out and try new things with their kids.  In the process figuring out your own limits and what adventure you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment